ADARAN ADARAN

A fun little game that's a nice way to play with time. I like the game mechanic with the shuriken, and enemy designs that revolve around its boomerang sort of movement.

PUNCH OUT: TomFulp PUNCH OUT: TomFulp

I find it pretty funny, and nicely responsive! Not sure why people say its unbeatable though. I've gotten pretty close, so I can tell its beatable.

I like the nostalgic feeling that comes from this. That music thoughhhhhhh, oh man. Really tones up the tension while playing.

MAKE IT as an Artist MAKE IT as an Artist

So, this game's pretty deep to me. As someone who's been through art school, left art school, spiraled into depression in the midst of all this but still managed to hold on somehow because of my friends, it kinda brought me to tears to see the end of it. It's a brilliant little game, no matter how short it is, and I think that message in there at the end really brought me to that emotional state...'cause well, as an artist (A crappy, novice artist who's still trying to become as good as his friends are, but cant manage the motivation to try), I really forget about things like that, a lot.

Thank you for making this.

Shadows Shadows

It's not half bad.

Definitely room for improvement though. My first advice would be to give the game a startup menu, as well as more in-depth instructions. The concept is really interesting and solid, but as with all games, if you're left in the dark on what to do, you might find your interest slip over time.

Also, some good advice. Have some pride in what you make! It really helps you improve! Even a little bit of progress is progress nonetheless, right?

Hope to see another game (or updates to this one) from you.

MurphyMinecraft responds:

Thanks!
I probaly won't be adding more levels to this, But i do have a sequel planned.

Escape Room With No Door Escape Room With No Door

It's okay and all, but I gotta say there are some things that were kinda glaring as I played it.
All the puzzles were kinda, in your face easy. The graphics couldn't support the lack of difficulty either, as well as the lack of explanation as to why you're exactly trapped in this random house.

A timer is also somewhat redundant, because anyone could just write down the instructions, click really quickly, and show that off. That being said...what is with the winning screen? It is also awfully random. And there's too many ads all over this game for the lack of quality. I think the only difficulty I really had here is not clicking an ad before I got to the actual game.
There's a lot of space of improvement. I'm sure you can fix some things up, right?

selfdefiant responds:

Not really sure what you mean about the ads. The rest is just the way I make games. Not sure. Nothing in life is random. It's all well thought out. :)

Picollage 2015 Picollage 2015

Absolutely amazing! Gah, there's too much to comment on! C-can I just say it's super amazing and leave it at that? Every single one of these artists have their own unique addition to it, and it comes together into a chaotic blast of creativity that definately shows the power of Newgrounds!

Sabtastic responds:

Thanks for the kind review! Much appreciated.

Brawl UP Brawl UP

An interesting concept!
It appears that at the moment though, the game is definitely a WIP.

On the list of things I really liked, the graphics are cute, and fit the soul of a classic flash game.

On the other hand, the game seems kinda buggy at the moment.
I'd suggest possibly adjusting the sword's animation so that it extends as far as the hitbox. (if it seems odd, perhaps you can make the sword give off a sort of slash projectile?)

As there doesn't seem to be a leader-board, you could rename "points" to EXP, as well as showing how much you get as you kill enemies. These are simply suggestions, as atm, it seems kinda odd to use score to level up. As Listen2Reason (a previous reviewer) said, I also suggest making the menu for upgrades more understandable. Even adding a box to put the upgrades in can help lead the player to understanding!

The background seems a little empty at the moment, but that's okay, as this game's still a work in progress. (Well, that's what I can infer from the reply you gave to an earlier review.)

Overall, it looks promising! I can't wait to play later versions!

MatteoBevan responds:

Thank you for your feedback ^^ I think I can work on something for the sword's animation, I already have in my todo list to check the hitbox anyway.
I can easily change the "Points" with "Exp", I intended it like "expendible points" ^^
For the background I'm not really sure, it's empty because you are gonna fill the foreground with the skulls. I'll think about it.

Pound the Puss Pound the Puss

Man, that was uhh...peculiar. The music goes well with the stuff, and the game well uhh...it definately uses the vulgarity in a fashion that's funny. Was a little awkward playing it though. (For obvious reasons)

That aside, nice art style, the animation is fluid (Although I don't wanna look at a certain part of it again, -COUGH-) and it blends well together. Kinda wanna show this to a friend of mine.

OrangePylon responds:

I'm glad it made you uncomfortable. Thanks for the review!

Deterministic Dungeon Deterministic Dungeon

As someone who beat the game through and through, as well as quickly mastered the timing, I can say this game is an absolutely wonderful way to spend some time in an afternoon if you've nothing important to do! It's fun, the music doesn't get boring fortunately, and even with good timing you'll see yourself still having to play strategically to keep yourself from being locked into a corner (As you see, even making the layout of the dungeon and such is dependant on what your timing is.)

The character randomization adds a humorous note to the game, with each enemy having a unique name as you run into them. (Sorry Thor; you had to go down eventually.)

The game doesn't end fortunately the first time you win either. There's a hard mode for when you wanna take another run, adding for some additional replayability. I'd really suggest this to anyone who wants to play a quality flash game.

PestoForce responds:

Thanks for the great review!

Insert Coin Insert Coin

An interesting game with some neat concepts. The retro feel to it and simple, yet somewhat challenging gameplay makes me want to play it over and over!